2008-08-30

I'm back

Hey!!! how u doing? new post after a long time.

Allrite....

Now that things have settled down, I think I'll break out of the current slump and get some work done. There are certain projects that I've been playing around with in this gap and if I'm consistent with the development process, I suppose I'll be able to get it off the ground. I bet you didn't get a word of what I was talking about...
Anyways, what I was talking about are some of the comic book projects that have not been put into paper yet. The ones that are still too abstract to have a solid plot and dialogues and stuff.
  • The major one is the 'Chennai underground' project (obviously requiring a major rechristening). What is it? well, you could call it a kind of a 'super-team'( JLA,X-Men,etc..) of sorts, but with Indian characters instead of American. So, whats new in this? whats the usp? Well, all the major characters are gonna be extremely recognizable people/characters that fit the 'superhero' profile from the gamut of movies the south Indian film industry has given us. The same with other supporting characters.Its a team of five and i've zeroed in on four of the five characters. Sivaji, Indian, Anniyan and Iyer the great. The first three figments of director Shankar's imagination from the Tamil industry. I bet most people know about the first three characters. Iyer the great was a cult movie diredcted by ace director Bhadran in the 80s starring Kerala's very own Mammootty as an Iyer who gets bestowed with amazing psychic powers after an accident. And I'd like the fifth to be from either the Kannada (forget it...) or the Telugu industry. That would create a well rounded team. And i've decided to emphasise on the humour content equally with the action with most of the humour arising from well targeted puns and situational spoofs aimed at the cliches each industry and character has to offer. As part of phase1, i,ve decided to do some character sketches. I'll be sharing them with you guys asap. Watch this space...
  • Another major assignment is 3 pages of Tommy Flick's much delayed (courtesy me) but worth-the-wait community project called Children of Light. Its been delayed by a huge amount of time but I think I'm not going to disappoint Tommy any more. I'll keep you guys posted on the developments.
Well I think that covers the quota of commitments this week. Hopefully I'll be able to do atleast a third of these. Lets wait and watch...

Ciao

No comments: